A Delicious Treat in 45 Minutes
The heavenly smell of baking cinnamon rolls makes a house feel like a home. When my friend Nancy Ronneburg shared this quick and easy cinnamon roll recipe with me, I was delighted. When other aspects of my house make me want to run and hide, in under 45 minutes, I can have a delicious treat for my family and a home that smells like a dream.
Mrs. Ronneburg’s Cinnamon Rolls
2 cups warm water
3 tablespoons yeast
½ cup oil
½ cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ teaspoons salt
5 ½ cups flour, give or take a little
½ cup softened butter
¾ cup white or brown sugar—more or less depending on how much you like
2 tablespoons cinnamon—more or less depending on how much you like
- Mix warm water, yeast, oil and sugar. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Add the eggs, salt and flour. Add enough flour so that it is a soft dough, but not too sticky to the touch.
- Mix well. Do not let raise!
- Roll out a rectangle the size of a big cookie sheet. Spread with soft butter.
- Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle and spread over butter. Sprinkle with raisins or nuts, if desired.
- Roll tightly lengthwise, so you have one long roll. Mark 12 2-inch rolls. Cut with floss or thread.
- Place on a coated cookie sheet. Let rise 10 minutes while the oven is preheating to 400 degrees.
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool and frost. Makes 12 large cinnamon rolls.
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces cream cheese
¼ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 cups powdered sugar
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix in powdered sugar until smooth and has the consistency you prefer.